Nick & Bootsy made up for missing last week by stuffing as much music as possible into 2 hours. There’s plenty of new stuff and some of our favorite old stuff, too! Show #283 features music from:
- The 24th Street Wailers (Toronto Canada)
- Alice Sweet Alice (KC MO)
- Big Medicine (Columbia MO)
- BK Gray (Carmichael CA)
- Black Mountina Moan (Missoula MT)
- Charlie Ranucci (Brick Township NJ)
- Cold Snap (Varaždin, Croatia)
- Dead Bed Bad (Jeff City MO)
- Ivory Black (KC MO)
- Jean Cabbie & the Secret Admirer Society (San Juan Puerto Rico)
- John Galbraith (Columbia MO)
- Lilly Bee & the Pollinators (Springfield MO)
- Luna Jamboree (Springfield MO)
- Matt Stansberry & the Romance (OKC OK)
- Stone Cupid (Nashville TN)
- Sundogs (Liverpool England)
- The Lazys (Terrigal Australia)
- The Many Colored Death (Columbia MO)
- The Tearaways (Santa Barbara CA)
- The Invisible World (KC MO)
Nick featured Jason Wilbur during Nick’s Pics. We first saw Jason back around 1996 when he started playing lead guitar for John Prine. He’s a great musician in his own right. Nick also shared a little mash-up of Led Zeppelin/Black Sabbath called “Whole Lotta War Pigs” – a classic within a classic!
The Basement Tapes with Nick & Bootsy is a weekly radio show that originates live in Rolla, Missouri at K-KID 92.9fm and is also recorded and posted online as a podcast. Nick & Bootsy play music from local, independent bands & musicians from across the world – after all, everybody is local to somewhere!
Intro to The Basement Tapes with Nick& Bootsy is In the Basement (Part 2) by Etta James & Sugarpie DiSanto. We don’t own any copyrights to the music we play on The Basement Tapes with Nick & Bootsy other than our own original tunes. Those are owned by the artists. If you like what you hear, please buy it!