On Show #245, we enjoyed some original music from Ryan Turner of Rolla, Missouri. Ryan is a local musician who’s been making the rounds of open mic nights and has now shared his music with Nick & Bootsy in the Basement.
We’ve also got tunes from:
- King Dean (Bern, Switzerland)
- Funky Butt Brass Band (St. Louis, MO)
- The Lucy Hammond Band (Gaston, OR)
- Arcane Saints (Melbourne, Victory, Australia)
- Daniel Green (Rolla, MO)
- Psychords (Milan, Italy)
- RJ Comer (Libertyville, IL)
- Richard Parker (Columbia, MO)
- The Nigel Purcell Trio (Birmingham, UK)
- Michael Connors (Nashville, TN via Salem, MO)
- The Hush List (St. Louis, MO)
- Various Hands (St. Louis, MO)
- The Mojo Gurus (Bootsy’s Band of the Week from Tampa Bay, FL)
Nick’s Pics this week are from the Rolling Stones 1968 event, The Rock ‘n Roll Circus. Two of the bands featured were:
The Dirty Mac Band featuring:
- John Lennon of The Beatles as Winston Leg-Thigh on vocals/rhythm guitar
- Eric Clapton, who was with Cream at the time, on lead guitar
- Mitch Mitchell drummer for the Jimi Hendrix Experience on drums (of course!)
- Keith Richards of the Rolling Stone on bass guitar
The Basement Tapes with Nick & Bootsy is a weekly radio show that originates live in Rolla, Missouri at K-KID 92.9fm and is also recorded and posted online as a podcast. Nick & Bootsy play music from local, independent bands & musicians from across the world – after all, everybody is local to somewhere!
Intro to The Basement Tapes with Nick& Bootsy is In the Basement (Part 2) by Etta James & Sugarpie DiSanto. We don’t own any copyrights to any of the songs we play on The Basement Tapes with Nick & Bootsy except for tunes by Nick Thomas. If you like what you hear, please buy it.