On Show #228, Collin Nash, a young musician from Rolla, MO, joined Nick & Bootsy for a chat and live acoustic performance of a few of his original tunes. Besides Collin’s originals, he shared one with us written by his uncle, Michael Conners, a Basement Tapes alumni from Salem, Missouri (now living in Nashville) and contributor to our master playlist. Collin is a senior at Rolla high school where he’s getting geared up for baseball season. He also enjoys hunting and fishing. We don’t think he’ll be giving up music, though, and we’re pretty sure he’ll be back in the basement with us soon!
The playlist for Show #228 includes:
- Angel’s Whisper (Montmedy France)
- Blacklist Social (Ontario Canada)
- Chris Johnson (Mountain Grove, MO)
- Brad Strang (McBride, BC, Canaca)
- Mick Byrd (Vienna, MO)
- ChristiAna (Waynesville, MO)
- Me Like Bees (Joplin, MO)
- Westerners (KC Kansas)
- Mcfly the Tramp (Catania, Sicily, Italy)
- Niamh Crowther (County Meath, Northern Ireland)
- Black Daniels & the Bears (Kirksville, MO)
- Don’t Mind Dying (Columbia, MO)
- Kevin Hambrick (Ft. Wayne, IN)
- The Many Colored Death (Columbia, MO)
- and a brand new tune from Nick Thomas
Nick’s Pics on Show #228 are from a personal favorite, Peter Karp & Sue Foley. Back in the days of Diezelfitter, we played several tunes written by Peter Karp.
Intro to The Basement Tapes with Nick& Bootsy is In the Basement (Part 2) by Etta James & Sugarpie DiSanto. We don’t own any copyrights over the artists we play on The Basement Tapes with Nick & Bootsy. If you like what you hear, please buy it.